TOP 3 AFFORDABLE COUNTRIES TO STUDY ABROAD
Updated: Jun 17
A lot of times aspiring students are not able to study abroad due to their education budget. The main factors that are considered while looking for affordable countries to study abroad are the cost of education, living expenses incurred while pursuing the desired educational degree and standard of education. Besides the US and UK where tuition fees are quite high, there are other viable options that can be explored for affordable education by international students. In this article we list down countries that are accessible and affordable and will suit your budget. They will offer quality education as well as high standard of living.
Italy has a rich historical and cultural legacy that garners students from all over the world to study here. Offering courses like Architecture, Arts, Music, Economic and Fashion Design, most of the universities of Italy are public-funded where tuition fee is relatively lower than other countries. The country is home to the world’s oldest running educational institution, the University of Bologna. You can explore beautiful cities across Italy like Venice, Milan, Rome, Florence, Bologna, etc. the cost of living depends directly on the place you chose to live.
Average Cost of Education and Living Expenditure in Italy:
1. Average cost of study at a public university EUR 900 to EUR 4000 per annum
2. Average cost of study at private institutions More than EUR 6000 per annum
3. Average cost of living in Italy A minimum of EUR 700 to EUR 1000 per month
* The expenses mentioned above are approximate and can change depending on the living standard of the student in Italy.
Germany is an education paradise. Unlike in any other country, in Germany you will find many worldwide ranked universities, countless courses to choose among, globally valued degrees that promise a high employability to you and affordable living costs. Germany has a long and rich history, a vibrant and dynamic lifestyle mixing the modern and the classics, the urban and the rural which will immerse and make you love every second spent here. The most exciting thing about studying in Germany is that the public universities do not charge any tuition fee for different level of study programs. The students studying in public universities need to pay an administration fee which costs about EUR 100 to 200 per annum. If you change your major study program as to what you were pursuing in graduation you will have to pay tuition fee.
Average Cost of Education and Living Expenditure in Germany
1. Average cost of study at a public university EUR 100 to EUR 200 per annum (administrative fees)
2. Average cost of study at private institutions More than EUR 3000 per annum
3. Average cost of living in Germany A minimum of EUR 650 to EUR 1000 per month
* The expenses mentioned above are approximate and can change depending on the living standard of the student in Germany.
France is one of the most popular tourist destinations. Apart from that the country is well known for offering excellent quality education at low costs and affordable living rates. Courses such as MBA, Engineering, Pure Science, Art & Design, Philosophy and Medicine are some of the most sought-after programmes that attract thousands of students from all around the world. Tuition fee here is low since the French government pays 2/3rdof the total educational cost in public institutions.
Average Cost of Education and Living Expenditure in France
1) Average cost of study at a public university EUR 2770 per annum (Bachelor level)
i) EUR 3770 per annum (Master’s level)
ii) EUR 380 (for Doctoral level)
2) Average cost of study at private institutions EUR 3000 to EUR 10,000 per year
3) Average cost of living in France A minimum of EUR 500 per month
* The expenses mentioned above are tentative and can change depending on the living standard of the student in France.